Wednesday, May 25, 2011

below deck

I love nail polish! There are very few times you'll catch me with naked nails and over the years my collection has grown to well into the double digits. My go to colors include shades of pink and purple, with the occasional festive red or gold. However this color, Below Deck by China Glaze, is a grey-lavender and I'm in love with it. It reminds me a bit of the OPI's You Don't Know Jacques, but warmer and pulling a little more purple. The creaminess and saturation of this color really add to the richness and appeal. And it's a great color that can be a statement without looking too playful.



The picture above features my favorite products from right to left: Seche Base Ridge Filler, Sephora by OPI Quick Dry Spray, China Glaze Below Deck & Seche Vite Top Coat. This is my "dream team" for every application. The Seche Base really does fill the ridges and create a smooth canvas for the color. The Seche Vite top coat dries quickly and can be used alone as a great top coat. But I like topping it off with the OPI Quick Dry Spray because this product really does dry in 45 seconds (or less) and sets all the layers below, ensuring that I don't have to worry about getting those horrible lines or "wrinkles" in my polish.


No comments:

Post a Comment