Friday, October 7, 2011

the mobile food rodeo


A few weeks back, my cousin Katherine and I attended Seattle's Mobile Food Rodeo. It was a fun way to explore some of our local food trucks and try an array of foods in one spot. After much time spent waiting in line here's what we tried...


Bistro Box. I had the kobe beef with bacon & my cousin got the coconut chicken. Both came with two dipping sauces: garlic aioli & a ketchup mayo. We agreed that this was just ok. Nothing bad, but nothing amazing.


Lumpia World. We tried three flavors: ginger pork, ground steak & lemongrass chicken. I liked the lemongrass chicken, but the classic combo of ginger pork takes the cake! And after all, we still favor Katherine's grandma's lumpia :)


Where Ya At? This truck was super popular with a long line for the majority of the time we were there. We ordered the jambalaya and hot beignets. The flavors did not disappoint, however, our jambalaya rice was uncooked! But the hot beignets totally hit the spot, so moist, fluff and messy in a good way. I'd still love to go back and try a few other menu items.


Fusion on the Run. I ordered the KV fusion Banh Mi for J since he was unable to make it. But managed to steal a nibble just to make sure it tasted ok :) The meat marinade is delicious and I'm a sucker for a banh mi, so it was a victory in my book. I would definitely love to go back and try the other sandwiches like the Ono!

I'm excited that Seattle is finally jumping on the food truck bandwagon. There were many other trucks I wanted to try, but we could only eat so much in so little time. My next food truck stop will be at the Wallingford Food Truck Pod, one of the first food pod's here in Seattle. Hopefully more will start to pop up throughout the city. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. so bummed i couldn't make it to that! love the mobile trucks here in seattle =9

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food pictures on your blog are amazing! Love it!

    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete