Friday, April 15, 2011

the hi hat

This past week marked the end of an era for my family. After 56 years of business, my family's restaurant Hi Hat closed it doors. The restaurant was founded by my grandfather in 1955. And not once has it stopped to amaze me what an accomplishment this was then and even now. At the humble age of 44 he had already become a booming restaurateur who provided for his family and brought his American Dream to fruition.

As the final day came and went I could not help but repeatedly think of my grandpa. He was one of those people that you meet and the warmth from within them just exudes outward. Truly a marvelous man, husband, father, grandfather and friend. I can only hope that I inherited a bit of his ambition, passion for family and genuine kindness toward others. Although the restaurant may be closed now, his legacy will still live on. That signature smile of his and gentle humor will forever be woven into the history of Hi Hat. He will always be remembered by the loyal patrons and forever in the hears of his children, twelve grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren.


So there you have it, my little tribute to my grandpa and the Hi Hat Restaurant.






No comments:

Post a Comment